The Netica-VB API allows programming Netica Application through its COM interface (also
known as "ActiveX" or "Automation"). The VB API is a fully functioning product, which you are welcome to download for trial. We very much welcome your feedback.
The Netica-VB API is one member of the family of Netica APIs, including ones for C, C++, and Java.
This list outlines features specific to the VB API. For the features shared by all the Netica APIs, please see the the Netica API page.
- Provides a GUI to your program. Your program can interact with Bayes nets at the same time as the user interacts with them through the regular Netica Application GUI.
- Similar design to MS Office products. Visual Basic programmers familiar with programming Microsoft Office products will feel at home.
- Good object oriented design. .
- Flexible parameters. Function parameters can be passed in many forms (numeric indexes, name strings, object references, etc.).
- On-screen documentation. Every function and class has a brief description browsable from the VB development environment.
- Multiple programming languages. It can be programmed in any language that can access a COM interface (Visual Basic, C#, COM-enabled Java, C++, etc).
Note: The VB API makes direct use of the Netica engine within the Netica Application, via the COM interface. Its method calls are similar to those of the C API, so you will want the C API documentation to guide you.
To use the VB API, follow these steps:
- Download the latest version of Netica Application (at least version 3.18).
- Run Netica Application and choose Help -> Contents/Index from the overhead menu. From the Index tab, look up 'Visual Basic programming'.
- For detailed information on each function, use the C-API documentation, since the functions operate in the same way.
- Please see the parent page: Netica API Family regarding pricing.
- The purchase of a Netica API license allows you to use all members of the Netica API Family with equal rights and obligations.
- Free Version: You can download Netica Application, and without purchasing it, use its Visual Basic interface. It will operate as a free version that is full-featured but limited in model size.
- To mail us with questions or comments regarding Netica-VB API, click here.
- To be added to our mailing list and be notified of new releases and other news about Netica and Netica-VB API (mailings are infrequent), click here.